CoPay Mobile Application
Terms of Usage
1. ‘Bank’ shall means the primary co-op banks or any successor or assign of it
2. ‘Account‘ shall mean one or more account with the bank in which a request for availing the Mobile Banking Service has been registered
3. ‘Customer’ means the holder ot the account at the bank
4. ‘MPIN’ shall mean the Personal Identification Number for the Mobile Banking Service
5. ‘MBS’ shall mean the Mobile Banking Service of the bank.
6. ‘Facility’ shall means the Mobile banking facility provided to the customer
7. ‘Mobile Phone Number’ shall mean the mobile number that has been used by the customer to register for the facility
8. ‘Application’ means the CoPay Mobile phone application which will be downloaded to the mobile phone of the customer.
By accepting the terms and conditions on the mobile phone while registering for the facility, the Customer:
1. Agrees to use the MBS for financial and non-financial transactions offered by the Bank from time to time.
2. Also irrevocably authorizes the Bank to debit the Accounts which have been enabled for MBS for all transactions/services undertaken by using MPIN.
3. Authorizes the Bank to map the account number, User ID and Mobile
4. Phone Number for the smooth operation of MBS offered by Bank and to preserve the mapping record in its own server or server of any other third party and to use such data at its discretion for providing/enhancing further banking/ technology products that it may offer.
5. Agrees that he/ she is aware and accepts that MBS offered by the Bank will enable him/her to transact using MPIN within the limit prescribed by the Bank and will be deemed as bonafide transaction.
6. Agrees that the transactions originated using the mobile phones are non retractable as these are instantaneous/real time.
7. Understands and explicitly agrees that Bank has the absolute and unfettered right to revise the prescribed ceilings from time to time which will be binding upon him/her.
8. Agrees to use the facility on a mobile phone properly and validly registered in his/her name only with the Mobile Service Provider and undertakes to use the Facility only through Mobile Phone Number which has been used to register for the Facility.
9. Agrees that while the Information Technology Act , 2000 prescribes that a subscriber may authenticate an electronic record by affixing his digital signature which has been given legal recognition under the Act, the Bank is authenticating the Customer by using Mobile Number, MPIN or any other method decided at the discretion of the Bank which may not be recognized under the IT Act, 2000 for authentication of electronic records and this is acceptable and binding to the Customer and hence the Customer is solely responsible for maintenance of the secrecy and confidentiality of the MPIN without any liability to the Bank
1. The Customer shall be required to acquaint himself/herself with the process for using the facility and that he/she shall be responsible for any error made while using the Facility.
2. The Bank reserves the right to decide what services may be offered. Additions/ deletions to the services offered under the facility are at its sole discretion.
3. The instructions of the Customer shall be effected only after authentication under his/her USER ID and MPIN or through any other mode of verification as may be stipulated at the discretion of the Bank.
4. While it shall be the endeavor of the Bank to carry out the instructions received from the Customers promptly, it shall not be responsible for the delay/ failure in carrying out the instructions due to any reasons whatsoever including failure of operational system or due to any requirement of law. The Customer expressly authorizes the Bank to access his/her account information required for offering the services under the Facility and also to share the information regarding his/ her accounts with the service provider/ third party as may be required to provide the services under the Facility
5. The transactional details will be recorded by the Bank and these records will be regarded as conclusive proof of the authenticity and accuracy of transactions
6. The Customer understands that the Bank may send “rejection “or “cannot process” messages for the service request(s) sent by the Customer which could not be executed for any reason.
7. As the transactions originated from MBS are processed in real time, any disputes relating to a MBS transaction should be reported to the bank within 15 days from the date of transaction. The customer may have to give required proof to substantiate his/her claim.
8. The Bank shall make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the Customer information is kept confidential but shall not be responsible for any inadvertent divulgence or leakage of confidential Customer information for reasons beyond its control or by action of any third party.
9. The Customer expressly authorizes the Bank to carry out all requests/ transactions purporting to have been received from his/ her mobile phone and authenticated with his/ her MPIN. In the case of payment facilities like fund transfer, mobile top up, bill payment, etc, the customer shall be deemed to have expressly authorized the Bank to make the payment when a request is received from him/ her.
10. It is the responsibility of the Customer to advise the Bank of any change in his mobile number or loss/ theft of mobile phone by adopting the procedure laid down by the Bank for the purpose.
11. The Telecom Service provider of the customer may levy charges for each SMS/ dial /GPRS and the Bank is not liable for any dispute that may arise between such telecom service provider and the Customer.
12. The Customer will be responsible for all transactions, including unauthorized /erroneous/ wrong/incorrect/mistaken/false transactions made through the use of his/ her mobile phone, SIM card and MPIN, regardless of whether such transactions are in fact entered into or authorized by him/ her. The Customer will be responsible for the loss/damage, if any suffered in respect of all such transactions.
13. The Customer shall keep the MPIN confidential and will not disclose these to any other person or will not record them in a way that could compromise the confidentiality of the same or the security of the service
14. It will be the responsibility of the Customer to notify the Bank immediately if he/ she suspect the misuse of the MPIN. He will also immediately initiate the necessary steps to change his MPIN.
15. If the mobile phone is lost, the customer must immediately take action to de-register from MBS by contacting the bank
16. The Customer shall be liable for all loss or breach of the Terms and Conditions contained herein or contributed or caused the loss by negligent actions or a failure to advise the Bank within a reasonable time about any unauthorized access in the account.
17. The Customer shall be liable and responsible for all legal compliance and adherence of all commercial terms and conditions in respect of the mobile connection/mobile phone through which the facility is availed and the Bank does not accept/ acknowledge any responsibility in this regard.
18. It is the responsibility of the Customer to notify the Bank, about any change in mode of operation, through a separate communication, making a specific reference to the MBS availed. It is also the responsibility of the Customer to notify the Bank, any other change in the operation of the account which will otherwise make the account ineligible for the MBS. Any failure on the part of the Customer to advise the Bank separately shall continue to bind all the account holders, jointly and severally for the transactions through this Facility
In consideration of the Bank providing the Facility, the Customer agrees to indemnify and hold the Bank harmless against all actions, claims, demands proceedings, loss, damages, costs, charges and expenses which the Bank may at any time incur, sustain, suffer or be put to as a consequence of or arising out of or in connection with any services provided to the Customer pursuant hereto. The Customer shall indemnify the Bank for unauthorized access by any third party to any information/instructions/triggers given by the Customer or breach of confidentiality
Governing Law and jurisdiction
1. The Facility and the terms and conditions of the same are governed by the applicable laws in India.
2. Any dispute or claim pertain to the Facility and /or the terms and conditions herein are subject to the exclusive jurisdictions of competent courts/tribunals/forums in Kerala state and the Customer agrees to such exclusive jurisdictions in Kerala State